LARA - Take Preventative Measures Against CO
Tue, 09 Nov 2021 06:00:41 EST


With temperatures dropping, the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), reminds Michigan residents to take preventative measures to prevent carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning

Officials say carbon monoxide, or CO, is a gas that forms whenever a fossil fuel is burned. You cannot see, taste or smell CO, but it can be deadly when you breathe it in. CO is dangerous because it blocks your body from taking in the oxygen it needs. CO can cause serious illness or death in just minutes.

Officials also recommend that residents using CO detectors powered by lithium batteries test them regularly and consider replacing the alarm every ten years

Visit Michigan.gov/MiTracking for more information about carbon monoxide poisoning.



   

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReadyNSI